Old Paris Porcelain
Set of eleven. Hand painted from famous paintings and signed by the artist, or rather initialed L.V. 8 5/8 inches. Gold over black enamel on very translucent porcelain. Mark of Charles Pillivuyt & Co of Paris, France sometime shortly after 1878. Each has the subject's name written in gold. They are:
- Joan of Arc 1412-1431
- Queen Marie De Medici 1578-1642, wife of Henry IV of France
- Marie Sevigne 1626-1696, French aristocrat, an icon of French literature
- Napoleon 1769-1821
- Roi De Rome 1811-1832, Napoleon II
- Josephine 1763-1814, 1st wife of Napoleon
- Princess Margherita of Savoy 1851-1926 and Queen of Italy, wife of King Umberto I
- Princess Marie Louis 1749-1792
- King Louis XVI of France 1754-1793
- Marie Therese Charlotte 1778-
- Juliette Recamier 1777-1849 French society, lounge sofa named for her, the recamier.
Condition: With only one exception, they are in excellent condition with very little gold loss. The exception being the Napoleon plate has a crack as shown. Seems appropriate, doesn't it.
We have lots more pictures available on request. Being romantics, we would like to keep the set together if we can.
French 2nd half 19th century. Hand painted pink banded with feather decorated base of the Rococo Revival. The center gold design is transfer but the edge and feathers are hand painted. It is not marked.
9 1/2 inches wide and 2 1/2 inches high.
Condition: It has crazing and a small stress crack as shown. The center of the plate is a bit stained. It is priced accordingly but is still pretty and usable.
Hand painted floral with coat of arms. Intricate applied slip treading. Griffins protect the Coat of arms, "Sperabo" is "trust" in Latin. Marked "Porcelaine de Paris France," with crossed arrows. Probably early 20th century before all countries added the words "made in" to their marks.
Set of 2. 5 1/4 inches wide.
Condition: One has an under the rim chip as shown. Very little wear.